The API is officially out of beta!
Read more about it here.
- We now have a roadmap, so you have a better sense of what we'll be building next.
- We released a new version of the API,
2022-02-22. This version makes our requests and responses more consistent across properties, blocks, and filters, and officially deprecates the list databases endpoint. Read more here.
- We now show the public API status independently of Notion's status on https://status.notion.so/.
edited_byto pages, blocks, and databases, and added
archivedto databases. Read more here.
- Added new ways for admins of Enterprise workspaces to view and control the integrations installed in their workspaces. Read more here.
- Added more information to paginated responses to make it easier to fetch complete responses for complex property types. Read more here.
- Fixed a bug where pages and databases with archived (i.e. trashed) ancestors would show
archived: false. They now show
archived: truebecause they are, in fact, archived.
- Improved API performance when rendering users who are members in the space. This affects all user, block, and page-related endpoints since users can be mentioned in both page properties and rich text.
- Added a message about sharing relevant pages and databases with a bot in the 404 not found error message. We found that this was one of the more common reasons for API users to get a 404 when calling the API.
- Fixed a bug where bots could be given a more restrictive "Can edit content" access on child databases, which prevented some bots with write access from being able to update the database schema.
- Fixed a bug where user mentions failed with "user not found" when creating new blocks, even if those users should have been visible to the bot.
- Fixed a bug where malformed properties in a single page would cause an entire request to the query database endpoint to fail.
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to update a page/database in the trash. Attempting to update a trashed page or database now returns a validation error.
- Fixed a bug in the get page property endpoint where retrieving a rollup property which referenced a relation containing pages the bot did not have access to skipped those pages and returned an incorrect result. We now return a validation error.
- Fixed a bug in the get page property endpoint where retrieving a formula property whose depth exceeds what we can compute in the API simply returned the wrong value. We now return a validation error.